The FeedBlitz API enables users to access FeedBlitz features programmatically, allowing innovative new applications based on and including FeedBlitz data and functionality. The API enables comprehensive integration at the data and application layers using a consistent and easy to understand interface.
Applications of the API vary in their potential complexity, and might include:
- Most recent subscriber displays on a web site.
- Integrating, embedding and hiding FeedBlitz signup with existing forms and web sites.
- Automatically creating FeedBlitz subscription and syndication accounts.
- Enabling email syndications and subscriptions to your content programmatically.
- Integrating FeedBlitz in mashups for new services.
- Creating RSS and OPML services based on your FeedBlitz subscriptions or syndications.
- Providing a branded or innovative management interfaces, e.g. for mobile users, IM clients, corporate web sites and intranets.
The API itself is a REST (representational state transfer) API, using XML and HTTP. The caller sends HTTP GET and POST requests as documented below to the API server, and they are returned an XML document containing the appropriate response.
For example, this API call gives you XML information about your FeedBlitz account:
API Keys can be requested at My Account | API Keys. The prior API end point, which used HTTP basic authentication, is deprecated as of February 15, 2011.
API Reference Manual
A comprehensive API reference manual (PDF format) is available for online viewing or downloading here.