It's time for our February Coloring Design Team Designer challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today to see what all the talented designers created for the challenge.
Our challenge this month is ...... Things with Wings - Include something on your card this month that has wings … some suggestions include birds; owls; bees; butterflies etc.
As you can see I used Krista Schneider's Feathered Friends Clear Stamps and the coordinating dies for my "Things with Wings".
I decided to create a birdhouse for my feathered friends and turned it into an Easel card.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a "Things with Wings" prize pack which will include: Krista Schneider's Feathered Friends stamp & matching die set, ModaScrap Dancing Butterflies and Joset Designs Birds to 3 people.
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, February 24 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
Here is how I created my card -
1. Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 4 3/8 inches x 5 inches. Also cut a piece of cardstock the same size as the designer paper. Adhere the designer paper to the cardstock.
2. Using the smallest circle from the Fitted Circles die set to create a hole in the designer paper panel where the dotted circle is shown in the photo above.
3. Use the straight edge from the Fishtail Borders die set, to create a reversed "V" edge at the top of the striped designer paper.
4. Cut a piece of polka dot designer paper 5 1/8 inch x 5 inches, layer onto a piece of cardstock the same size for added strength.
5. Use the straight edge from the Fishtail Borders die set to create a reversed "V" edge at the top of the polka dot paper. Measure down approximately 1 inch from the first edge, reposition the Fishtail Border and die cut to create the roof.
6. Use the scallop edge from the Fishtail Borders die set and die cut a piece of black cardstock that measures 5 1/8 inch x 2 inches. Trim the top of the black scalloped Fishtail edge so that it will fit under the polka dot edge without being seen. Adhere the polka dot edge to the black scalloped edge and adhere to the top of the striped paper using foam tape.
7. Using the two smallest circles from the Fitted Circles die set, die cut a circle frame from the polka dot paper. Adhere circle frame around the hole in the birdhouse.
8. Cut a piece of polka dot paper that measures 5 1/8 inch x 1/2 inch and adhere to the bottom of the birdhouse.
9. Using the Feathered Friends Clear Stamp set, stamp the three birds, leaves and flowers onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Color images and die cut using coordinating dies.
10. Adhere the images to the birdhouse referring to photo above for placement using foam tape.
11. Cut a piece of black cardstock the same size as the birdhouse and die cut the the top of the birdhouse with the straight edge from the Fishtail Borders die set. Adhere this to the back of the birdhouse before attaching to the easel card.
Easel Card -
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock that measures 4 1/4 inches x 9 1/2 inches. Score and fold along the the 9 1/2 inch side at 4 3/4 inches and 7inches.
2. Cut a piece of blue designer paper 4 1/4 inches x 2 1/2 inches. Adhere this panel to the easel card so it is on the section between the two folds in the card.
3. Apply adhesive to the bottom 1/4 panel of the easel and attach the bottom of the birdhouse to this panel.
4. Cut a piece of green designer paper that measures 4 1/4 inches x 4 3/4 inches and adhere to the bottom panel of the easel.
5. Using the Stitched Fishtail Banners die set, die cut one fishtail panel from White Soft Finish Cardstock and one from black cardstock.
6. Stamp the "happiness" sentiment from the Dreams Sentiments Clear stamp set using black ink onto the white fishtail banner.
7. Layer the two panels together and adhere to the cards using foam tape (refer to photo above for placement).
8. Stamp three flowers from the Feathered Friends Clear Stamp set onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Color and die cut the flowers using the coordinating die. Adhere along the bottom of the card.
That's it for me today, I hope you enjoyed my card and tutorial. Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Black; Green; Pink
Designer Paper - Fancy Pants Feathered 12 x 12 Designer Paper; Kaisercraft Flirtatious 12 x 12 Paper; Graphic 45 Nook & Pantry Beaters 12 x 12 Paper; Fab Scraps Monkey See, Monkey Do 12 x 12 Paper
Inks - Black
Today I am sharing a card I created using various dies and stencils recently released by Elizabeth Craft Designs.
Recently one Saturday I was decided to play with the new Susan's Garden Fairy dies. I created two of the Fairy - Rose Petal and one of the Fairy - Tiger Lily which is the one used on this card. I created a card using the Fairy - Rose Petal dies which you will see here on my blog on Thursday. The other sat in a container on my desk, ready for it to be made into a card. That was until my Grandson came to visit! He loves all my "things" and loves to play! So while we were otherwise occupied my Grandson was playing with my fairy! After they went home and I was taking the photos of the other card which I had finished just before he arrived I went looking for the other fairy and couldn't find it ..... hmmm! I messaged my daughter who asked my Grandson if he had touched it ... yes .... where did you put it???? Under the desk! I looked and couldn't find it, so my other daughter had a look with a torch and finally found it sitting on top of my compressor which is under the desk. Although a little wrinkled the fairy was ok still to use on a card. Gotta love him!!!!!
For the background at the top of the card I used the new A Way with Stencils - Dotty stencil. First I used the stencil and added orange dots and then I repositioned the stencil to add the yellow dots. If you look at the photos above you can see how I achieved this look from the stencil
For the bottom part of the front of the card I used the ModaScrap Lace Pocket I die cut this using White Soft Finish Cardstock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. I removed the protective backing from the adhesive and covered the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. I layered this onto a piece of Sunflower Soft Finish Cardstock.
To finish of the front of the card, I die cut the A Way with Words - Believe sentiment twice from Bright Orange & Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock. I layered the two sentiments together offsetting the orange one slightly and adhered it to the bottom of the card.
For the inside of the card I added two sentiments using black ink. I also used the A Way with Stencils - Butterflies and Stars Stencil to add the stencilled stars around the sentiment. The stars were stencilled using yellow and then orange inks.
Stamps: Dream Sentiments; General Sentiments - Elizabeth Craft Designs
ECD Soft Finish Cardstock: White; Sunflower; Bright Orange; Olive Twist
Dies: Susan's Garden Fairy Tiger Lily; ModaScrap Lace Pocket; A Way with Words Believe - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; PanPastel Set 1; All Metal Tool Set; Mini Molding Pad; A Way With Stencils Dotty; A Way With Stencils Butterflies and Stars
Other: Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink; Yellow Ink; Brown Multi Liner Copic Marker
I have another shaker card to share with you today, as you may have noticed I have been in a shaker mood lately as this is my third shaker card in a week and a half.
I wanted to do something different then the normal shaker I usually do, so decided to die cut 3 circles on my card to create 3 shaker panels.
To decorate my card I used this cute Cowboy Dog from the Simon Says Stamp! Critter Costume Party. I stamped cowboy themed sentiments into two of the shaker circles and in the third I added the number "7". My Grandson is turning 7 this year, so someone can give this card to him or give it to one of his friends birthday parties he will be invited to.
For the inside of the card I used the same designer paper I used on the outside and added a large sentiment.
Stamps: Critter Costume Party - Simon Says Stamp!; It's a Western Thing - The Cat's Pajamas; Happy Birthday - Rubbernecker
Paper: White; Brown; Teal; Thoroughly Modern DP - Stampin' Up
Dies: Stitched Circles; Fitted Circles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm
Other: Black Ink; Sequins; Foam Tape; Copics
Today I am sharing a card I made for a very good friend who celebrated her birthday a couple of days ago. My friend loves playing golf and for as many years as I can remember I have created a golf themed card to give to her for her birthday. After all this time she more or less expects it from me haha!
In past years I have normally been able to use a stamp set that I have purchased during the year for her card, but as I didn't buy any last year I decided to pull something out of my stash. I purchased this fun Tom Fun Golf Nutz stamps some years back from the old Cornish Heritage Farms. Unfortunately it has long been discontinued, but those "nutz' were the perfect size to use to create a Twist Circle Panel Card. So that is what I did.
I also pulled out my favorite grass and cloud stamps to create the golf scene on the four panels.
The "Happy Birthday" on the bottom section of the card is from the Pop It Ups Happy Birthday Pop Up die set.
I used the last of my "golf" designer paper on the front of the card. I am happy that I was able to make at least 3 cards from this paper over the years I have had it. Unless there is another sheet hiding somewhere, that is it. I will have to start looking for something else for next year ;)
Here is a closer look at my card as it is starting to close
And one final photo as the card is closing. You can see how the accordion panel folds together in the closed position.
Stamps: Tom-Fun Golf Nutz - CHF; Golf Set (Par for the Course) - Clear Dollar Stamps; Fore, Three Two One - Rubbernecker Stamps; Grass - Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers; Cloudy Impressions - Mostly Animals
Paper: White; Blue; Green; DP
Dies: Pop It Ups Twist Circle Pop Up; Pop It Ups Happy Birthday Pop Up; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners; Stitched Circles; Dotted Scallop Circles
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics