If you’re a long time friend of $5 Dinners, you know that I’m a bit obsessed with Tex-Mex and latin food. It’s partly because I live in Texas (where we choose our TexMex restaurants based on who has the best salsa or guacamole!) It’s partly because it’s super budget friendly ingredients that make super delicious meals. When my friends at Bush’s Beans asked me to share a recipe with their new Cocina Latina Beans, I couldn’t refuse!
The brand new Cocina Latina beans from Bush’s are only currently available at Walmart stores in Texas. Right now, there are 2 varieties available – the Friojles a la Mexicana (pinto beans with tomato sauce, serrano and bacon!!!) and traditional Refried Beans. This is what the labels look like this…so keep an eye out for them on store shelves!
These beans are super versatile and do a fantastic job of jazzing up your breakfast, lunch or dinner. Yes, even breakfast…
Look at these amazing Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwiches! I’m planning on getting a big batch of these into the freezer, for a simple “grab n go” breakfast for my husband to take to work! (Also, keep reading…there’s a coupon down below!)
They’ve got another great video for the Pinto Bean Guacamole
– you can see just how easy and great these Cocina Latina beans are to jazz up your next meal!
Here’s a great recipe to make with the Cocina Latina Refried Beans…also, these Bean & Cheese Sandwiches would be great with the Cocina Latina refried beans too!
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Five Layer Dip Recipe
Yield – 8 to 10 appetizer or side dish servings.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 15 oz. can Cocina Latina refried beans
- 1 1/2 cup guacamole
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips
- In a medium, shallow serving dish or bowl, spread the refried beans along the bottom. Then add a layer of guacamole, followed by layer of sour cream, and then salsa.
- Add the sliced green onions and cilantro leaves as the top layer.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.
Coupon for Cocina Latina Beans – Get $1/2 Cocina Latina Beans
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Bush’s. Recipes, opinions and TexMex food obsessions are my own. Coupon expires 9/21/16.