- 20.3MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic
- 3.0″ 1.037m-Dot Vari-Angle
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Recording at 60 fps
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- ISO 25600 and 10 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi, 50MP High-Res Shot Mode
- Creative Dial, Color/Monochrome Profiles
Recalling the beloved profile and form factor of the original Pen film cameras, the Olympus PEN-F is a sleek, versatile mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera that combines high-resolution imaging capabilities with advanced creative control. Revolving around a 20.3MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VII processor, the PEN-F offers nuanced image quality with reduce noise, along with the ability to shoot at up to 10 fps with a mechanical shutter, record Full HD 1080p video, and a sensitivity range up to ISO 25600. In-camera sensor-shift-type 5-axis image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting and the sensor and processor combination also avails a fast 81-area contrast-detection AF system for refined accuracy when working with a variety of subjects. Adjustment over the look and feel of imagery is encouraged by the dedicated Creative Control dial on the front of the camera, which offers direct access to black & white and color profiling, and a dedicated lever permits fine-tuning of exposure and contrast curves while shooting. Complementing these imaging assets, the camera body is physically characterized by its retro-styled design that incorporates a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and articulating 3.0″ 1.037m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive control and handling. Classic in appearance yet technologically-inclined, the PEN-F marries a natural handling scheme with contemporary, multimedia recording abilities.
Making use of the redeveloped 20.3MP Live MOS sensor and sensor-shift image stabilization, the PEN-F also sees the inclusion of a High Res Shot mode that composites eight images into a single frame to effectively produce a 50MP image. An electronic shutter function can be used for completely silent performance, and also provides fast shutter speed times up to 1/16,000 sec. for working in bright conditions with wide aperture settings. An intervalometer function can be used to produce time-lapse movies, which can be exported at 4K UHD resolution, for recording up to 999 consecutive frames with up to 24-hour intervals. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi is also available for wirelessly transferring imagery to or remotely controlling the camera from a linked smartphone or tablet.
20.3MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Processor
A redeveloped 20.3MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor pairs with the TruePic VII image processor to enable high-resolution stills shooting and Full HD video recording, along with a wide dynamic range, smooth color and tonal rendering, and a notable sensitivity range from ISO 200-25600 for working in a variety of lighting conditions. The sensor’s design also omits a conventional optical low-pass filter in order to achieve higher apparent sharpness and resolution.
The sensor and processor combination avails quick performance throughout the camera system, too, including the ability to continuously shoot at up to 10 fps using the mechanical shutter for up to 39 12-bit raw files or 45 JPEGs in a burst. Infinite JPEGs can be recorded in a burst when shooting at 5 fps, or up to 250 raw files. And if working with the electronic shutter function, up to 20 fps shooting speeds are possible, along with a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. In regard to video recording, Full HD 1080p is supported at up to 60 fps, as well as ALL-I and IPB shooting at 30 fps with a 77 Mbps bit-rate. In-camera time-lapse shooting is also possible, with the ability to export finished productions as 4K 3840 x 2160 movies at 5 fps.
Sensor-Shift 5-Axis Image Stabilization
In-body, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements that become especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots, macro imagery, and long exposures. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rolling camera shake movement. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, image stabilization can also be used when framing shots, for more accurate compositions, by half-pressing the shutter button.
For increased stabilization when working with longer lenses that incorporate lens-shift type image stabilization, 5-axis sync IS is also supported, this combines the effectiveness of the sensor-shift image stabilization along with the lens-specific optical image stabilization. This helps to compensate for up to six stops of camera shake for more effective handheld shooting with telephoto focal lengths and slower shutter speeds.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- For eye-level shooting, a high-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is available and covers 100% of the image frame with a 1.08x magnification. A unique S-OVF setting can also be used with the viewfinder to expand the viewing dynamic range to better simulate working with an optical viewfinder.
- Alternatively, a large 3.0″ 1.037m-dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD is also available for clear image playback, menu navigation, and live view shooting. The tilting design better enables working from high, low, and front-facing angles, and the screen can also be closed facing inward to protect it while shooting with the EVF.
- Featuring a physical design inspired by the original Pen half-frame 35mm film cameras, the PEN-F’s compact body design incorporates a range of manual control dials for intuitively adjusting exposure settings and modes.
- A dedicated Creative Control Dial on the front of the camera body offers direct access to four separate artistic functions—Mono, Art, Color, and CRT—and a lever on the rear of the camera avails access to curves adjustments to fine-tune contrast and brightness with shadow, mid-tone, and highlight points.
- A manual exposure compensation dial permits adjusting exposures by +/- 3 EV in 1/3 steps, and compensation can also be assigned to the front or rear control dials to avail +/- 5 EV adjustments in 1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV steps.
- A hot shoe permits working with an external flash, such as the included FL-LM3, to provide additional illumination to the scene.
- The included BLN-1 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated to provide approximately 330 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to pair the PEN-F with a smartphone or tablet, and a QR code system lets you quickly and easily connect devices. Once paired, you can wirelessly transfer imagery to the mobile device for sharing online, or the device can be used to remotely control the camera.
Aided by the dedicated Creative Control Dial, a slew of aesthetic adjustments can be made to imagery in-camera:
- Monochrome Profile Control records black & white imagery and the overall look can be fine-tuned using color filter settings for adjusting contrast response; vignetting can be applied; and curves can be used to adjust contrast and brightness irrespective of independent colors. A film grain effect can also be added and presets are available to mimic the look of specific film types, such as Classic B&W or Classic Infrared films, and these presets can be further customized.
- Color Profile Control offers a similar range of creative adjustment capabilities, such as the ability to globally fine-tune color saturation or independently adjust saturation levels across 12 individual colors for selective color imagery. Curves settings are available, too, and three presets can be saved.
- Art Filter lets you apply a range of pre-developed looks to your imagery, including Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Water Color, Vintage, and Partial Color. Many of these looks are available in varying degrees of strength, and modes can be combined or refined for more personalized control.
- CRT lets you apply one of 12 global color casts across the image, and the strength of the color can be controlled across eight steps from -4 to +3
Other Camera Features
- A high-speed contrast-detection AF system uses 81 focusing areas to quickly and accurately acquire focus with single or continuous modes. Face-detection and eye-detection settings benefit portraiture applications and group targeting benefits tracking moving subjects.
- Manual focus is also possible, and is complemented by manual focus assist functions such as image magnification and focus peaking.
- High Res Shot mode offers the equivalent output of a 50MP image by combining eight single JPEG frames into a single, larger image. In between each of the eight exposures, the sensor-shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly in order to acquire more information than in a single exposure; these frames are then composited into a final JPEG with a resolution of 8160 x 6120 or a raw file with a resolution of 10368 x 7776 pixels. This feature can be used with P/A/S/M exposure modes, and raw data can be developed in-camera or with the included Olympus Viewer 3 software.
- Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 sequential frames, with 1 second to 24 hour intervals, and automatic time lapse processing can save your individual images into a movie for playback. Time lapse movies can also be saved at 4K resolution for greater detail and resolution.
- A dedicated Silent Mode utilizes and electronic shutter for quiet, undetectable shooting. When working in this mode you have a range of shutter speeds from 1/16,000 to 60 seconds.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- A two-axis electronic level helps to ensure consistently level horizons and plumb verticals.
- Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view.
- An anti-shock mode prevents unwanted vibrations by introducing a delay from when you release the shutter button to when the shutter is opened, helping to achieve greater sharpness with longer focal length lenses or when working at higher magnifications.
- A multi exposure mode blends two frames using an auto gain to maintain a controlled exposure value.
- Photo Story lets you capture sequential shots of a scene from varying angles, and then composite them into a single image. When working in this mode, you can record sequential images by sliding a finger across the screen, zoom in or out between two photos, apply unique frames or borders, or arrange multiple images in different compositions.
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- XGA Tru-Finder 2.36m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- Internal UHD 4K30 & 1080p120 Recording
- S-Log3 Gamma and Display Assist Function
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- 4D FOCUS with 425 Phase-Detect Points
- Up to 11 fps Shooting and ISO 51200
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
Fast-focusing and 4K-shooting, the Alpha a6300 from Sony is a versatile APS-C-format mirrorless digital camera designed for multimedia image-makers. Revolving around a redeveloped 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, clean image quality is provided with a wide expandable sensitivity range to ISO 51200, along with accelerated readout speeds for internal 4K30 and Full HD 1080p120 video recording with full pixel readout. Stills shooters also benefit from the apt processing speed, which enables continuous shooting at 11 fps for up to 21 raw frames in a burst, as well as 14-bit raw file output. Complementing both stills and video, the sensor and processor combination also avails 4D FOCUS, which combines a wide-coverage 425-point phase-detection system with a 169-area contrast detection system for quick and precise focusing performance. This focusing system also enables High-density Tracking AF for more efficient and accurate tracking of moving subjects across the image frame. A well-rounded camera for both photographers and videographers, the a6300 is characterized by its speed and further qualified by its refined image and video quality.
Complementing the imaging assets, the a6300 also sports a robust magnesium alloy body that is dust- and moisture-resistant to permit working in harsh environments. The compact profile incorporates a high-resolution XGA Tru-Finder 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for bright, clear, eye-level viewing, and this EVF features a 120 fps viewing mode for smooth tracking of fast-moving subjects. A rear 3.0″ 921.6k-dot LCD monitor is also available and has a tilting design to benefit shooting from high and low working angles. Additionally, for wireless remote control over the camera, or for just sharing imagery online, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC permits linking with a mobile device for intuitive wireless control.
24.2MP Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Processor
The APS-C-format 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor pairs with the BIONZ X image processor to realize smooth, nuanced image quality with minimal noise and high sensitivity from ISO 100-25600, which can further be expanded to ISO 51200 for working in low-light conditions. The sensor features a unique design that utilizes thin copper wiring and enhanced circuit processing to boost light-gathering abilities, reduce noise, and increase readout speeds to benefit video recording. The sensor and processor combination also avails a top continuous shooting rate of 11 fps for up to 21 raw frames in a single burst with AF and AE, 8 fps shooting in live view, and permits 14-bit raw file output for a wider tonal and color scale.
Covering nearly the entire sensor area, a powerful 4D FOCUS system incorporates 425 on-chip phase-detection points along with 169 contrast-detection areas for precise focusing in as little as 0.05 seconds. The density of focusing points from this hybrid AF system also enables High-density Tracking AF Technology, which is adept at tracking moving subjects in a variety of lighting conditions. The use of phase-detection points also enables the use of A-mount lenses via the optional LA-EA3 or LA-EA1 lens mount adapters with full AF compatibility.
The apt 4D FOCUS system also lends itself to a variety of focusing functions for refined accuracy, including Lock-on AF, which maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject, and Expand Flexible Spot, which employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus. Additionally, Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized subjects’ eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes. Autofocus can also be used in conjunction with the Focus Magnifier function for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details.
In addition to autofocus, the a6300 also features a Peaking MF function to benefit manual focus control by highlighted sharp edges of contrast for a more objective means of acquiring sharp focus.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Internal recording of UHD 4K movies is possible in multiple frame rates up to 30 fps and, based on the Super35mm recording area and effective 20MP (6000 x 3376) resolution, 2.4x oversampling renders greater detail and full pixel readout is possible, that is void of pixel binning, for higher quality imagery with reduced moiré and aliasing. Full HD 1080p recording is also supported in frame rates up to 120 fps, and both resolutions utilize the 100 Mbps XAVC S format contained within an MP4 wrapper with 4:2:0 sampling. The high-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate set to either 30p or 24p. In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
Custom Color Profiles and S-Log3 Gamma
Support is available for the S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log-3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3 profiles that enable up to a 1300% wider dynamic range for smoother tonal and color gradations, along with enhanced sensitivity and clarity in shadows and mid-tones. These profiles also lend themselves to greater compatibility within a professional workflow and are well-paired to the Cineon Log gamma curve for versatile post-production grading and color control. The S-Log3 gamma setting also offers an impressive 14-stop wide dynamic range for greater control over the highlights and shadows, while the S-Gamut3.Cine profile can be used to mimic the qualities of scanned negative film with a wide gamut comparable to the DCI-P3 color space. Additionally, the popular S-Log2 setting is also available.
Zebra and Gamma Display Assist
An enhanced Zebra function is ideally suited to working with S-Log gamma profiles and aids in monitoring exposure values in high-contrast scenes. Video signal level targets can be set from 0 to 109, and specific ranges can be set to make exposure level adjustments easier.
In contrast, a Gamma Display Assist function is also available that displays scenes with natural contrast when recording with S-Log settings. This function converts imagery to the ITU709 profile for easier on-camera monitoring.
Time Code and User Bit Settings
A time code can be used to record hours, minutes, seconds, frames on image data for more precise editing while the User Bit function can record date, time, and scene number to aid in editing together footage from multiple cameras.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A robust magnesium alloy body offers a durable profile, and also incorporates dust and moisture seals to protect against harsh environments.
- The XGA Tru-Finder 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring, and also sports a dedicated 120 fps mode for smoother viewing when tracking moving subjects.
- A 3.0″ 921.6k-dot LCD screen can be tilted 90° upward or 45° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- Nine customizable buttons can be set to control more than 64 functions for more intuitive handling.
- The included NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for 350 shots per charge when working with the viewfinder, or 400 shots per charge with the LCD screen.
- In addition to the battery, the a6300 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- A rigid metal lens mount better supports working with larger, heavier lens designs.
- An ergonomic grip structure is ideal for long shooting sessions and facilitates easy access to the main control buttons and dials.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a6300 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera’s shutter.
- PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection, and allow you to personalize the camera’s features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.
Other Camera Features
- A Silent Shooting mode makes use of an electronic shutter function for completely silent performance that is ideal for photographing in noise-sensitive areas. When using this mode, up to 3 fps continuous shooting is available with autofocus and auto-exposure.
- Multi Frame NR records consecutive images at a reduced ISO sensitivity and then composites them into a single image to realize higher effective sensitivity with minimal image noise.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) works to improve images featuring backlit subjects or scenes with high contrast where details can be lost in the shadows or highlights. This mode can be controlled automatically or fine-tuned using five settings.
- Auto HDR automatically records three sequential frames of an image and composites them into a single frame to realize greater shadow and highlight detail with an extended range of mid-tones.
- An advanced 1200-zone evaluative exposure metering sensor delivers consistent and accurate results using multi-segment, center-weighted, or spot metering modes.
- When working with ISO Auto settings, you can configure a minimum shutter speed setting to better ensure sharp imagery.
- Clear Image Zoom can be used to magnify the center of scenes by 2x to effectively extend the reach of any focal length lens. This digital zoom technology uses an intelligent interpolation process to minimize the amount of image degradation in order to produce realistic, high-quality images.
- Picture Effect: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, and Sepia; contrast, saturation, and sharpness can be adjusted across +/- 3 steps.
- Micro Four Thirds Mount
- 600mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 22
- Three HR Elements & One E-HR Element
- Three Super ED Elements & Z Coating Nano
- High-Speed MSC Imager AF
- 5-Axis Sync Image Stabilization
- Minimum Focus Distance: 4.6′
- Splash, Dust, & Freezeproof Construction
- Manual Focus Clutch and L-Fn Button
Reach out farther than ever before and embrace handheld long range photography with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Lens from Olympus. Relatively compact for its 600mm equivalent focal length, the Micro Four Thirds optic is able to go more places easier, and thanks to integrated optical stabilization, good for 4 stops of shutter speed, handheld imaging is capable of producing tack sharp photographs. This in-lens system also works in tandem with the in-body stabilization of select MFT cameras to create the 5-axis sync IS method, which further improves handheld shooting by compensating for up to 6 stops of camera shake.
Boasting the best-ever image quality from Olympus, the 300mm is packed with specialized elements that helps produce sharp, aberration free images. This, supported by three Super ED lenses that eliminate peripheral chromatic aberration along with three High Refractive index lenses and one Extra-High Refractive index lens, grants maximum sharpness. Alongside this construction is the use of the Z Coating Nano, which dramatically reduces instances of ghosting and flares.
Focusing is made for capturing fast subject matter with a movie-still compatible High-Speed Imager AF system that is near silent for use in stills and video capture. Further benefitting this is a close minimum focus distance of just 4.6′, excellent for a 600mm equivalent focal length. This can be further improved with the use of the MC-14 teleconverter, which multiplies the focal length by 1.4x without increasing the focus distance. The teleconverter also provides extra reach by creating an 840mm equivalent focal length.
Durability is key for such a demanding piece of glass and that starts with 17 seals to prevent the ingress of dust and water. The lens is designed to handle cold weather as well and will work at temperatures as low as 14°F. Manual focus is available by simply pulling the focus ring towards you and enables fast switching between MF and AF. Also, an L-Fn button can be programmed with one of up to 27 different functions and the side of the lens barrel has Focus Limit and IS switches. Additionally, the lens has retractable hood as well as a tripod collar that is Arca-type compatible and has a removable base plate for quick release. Additionally, the lens includes a screw-on hood, a decoration ring, and dedicated soft case.
- Compact, lightweight 600mm equivalent f/4 lens for Micro Four Thirds system
- In-lens image stabilization compensates for 4 stops of camera shake
- Three Super ED lenses reduce peripheral chromatic aberrations
- Three HR and one E-HR elements ensures a compact size while correcting for curvature and spherical aberrations
- ZERO and Z Coating Nano minimize flare, ghosting, and reflections
- Lens IS and in-body stabilization of select MFT cameras, such as the E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II, offers sync IS technology to provide an astounding 6 stops of shake compensation
- Close focusing distance of 4.6′
- Compatible with MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter to provide 420mm focal length, equivalent to 840mm in 35mm format
- Manual focus clutch for fast switching between AF and MF modes
- L-Fn button can be programmed with any of 27 functions
- Compatible with OM-D Silent Shutter setting for discreet telephoto shooting
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design
- Supplied decoration ring can be used in place of tripod collar to maintain clean, svelte form factor for dedicated handheld shooting
- E Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Distagon Optical Design
- 4 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- 1 Aspherical Element
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Manual Focus Design
- Manual Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
- All-Metal Barrel, Engraved Scales
- Weather-Resistant Lens Mount Gasket
Featuring a compact form factor well-suited for full-frame Sony E mount mirrorless cameras, the Loxia 21mm f/2.8 Lens from Zeiss is a wide-angle prime based on the Distagon optical concept for a marked reduction in distortion as well as consistent, even illumination and sharpness from edge to edge. The optical design also incorporates four anomalous partial dispersion elements and one aspherical element to control chromatic aberrations and increase overall clarity and color accuracy. A Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to lens elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
Loxia lenses are distinct in that they feature a manual focus design that has been specifically tailored for use with electronic viewfinders, and also feature a manual aperture ring that can be de-clicked for silent operation; making them especially well-suited to filmmaking applications. The all-metal lens barrel incorporates engraved focusing and depth of field scales, and a 90° focus throw offers fine-tuned control over focusing position as close as 9.8″ away. Additionally, a weather-resistant gasket is featured at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface from dust and moisture.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed specifically for full-frame E mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 31.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture permits working in low-light conditions and also helps to maintain the compact overall form factor of the lens.
- Based on the Distagon optical concept, this lens delivers virtually distortion-free performance that pairs well with the broad angle of view.
- Four anomalous partial dispersion elements and one aspherical element combine to limit chromatic and spherical aberrations for cleaner, sharper image quality.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is accentuated by a knurled metal focusing ring, 90° focus ring rotational angle, and engraved depth of field and distance scale markings.
- The manual aperture ring can be mechanically ‘de-clicked’ for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- The lens mount is fitted with an electronic interface that conveys all lens EXIF data to the camera and can also be configured to automatically activate the camera’s focusing magnification function when turning the focus ring.
- An all-metal lens barrel is fitted with a weather-resistant gasket at the lens mount to protect against moisture and dust from reaching the image sensor or rear lens element.
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 28mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Multi-Coated Lens Elements
- Stepping AF Motor
- Inner Focusing System
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Slim Design Measures 0.8″-Thick
- Durable Metal Mount
Assuming a truly thin profile of just 0.8″-thick, the Panasonic LUMIX G 14mm f/2.5 ASPH II Lens is a sleek wide-angle prime designed for Micro Four Thirds system cameras. Offering a 28mm-equivalent focal length, this lens takes on a wider-than-normal perspective to benefit its use in a broad variety of shooting situations. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet autofocus performance that is beneficial to both movie and still recording and an inner focusing system maintains the overall lens length during operation for greater responsiveness. This compact and versatile lens is an ideal option for everyday use.
The optical design comprises six elements in five groups, which includes three aspherical elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions for greater image clarity and a reduction in color fringing. Additionally, a multi-coating has been applied to the lens elements to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality. A rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when using selective focus techniques and an all-metal lens mount offers enhanced durability and mounting precision.
- Slim profile wide-angle prime is designed specifically for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless digital cameras, where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 28mm.
- A bright maximum aperture of f/2.5 benefits working in low-light conditions as well as offering greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field applications.
- The lens construction incorporates three aspherical elements to maintain an overall sleek profile while also minimizing aberrations and distortions for greater image clarity.
- Multi-coated lens elements help to reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity.
- An inner focusing system pairs with a stepping motor to deliver quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance that is suitable for both still and movie capture.
- The pancake lens profile of the lens measures 0.8″ thick and weighs just under 2oz, making it an ideal travel lens for a broad array of shooting situations.
- A rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces smooth out-of-focus highlights when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- The metal lens mount affords consistent mounting precision as well as enhanced durability.