- 135mm Telephoto Prime Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2-22
- Minimum Focus Distance of 2.62′ (0.8 m)
- Apochromat Lens; Minimal Aberrations
- Nine Blade Circular Aperture
- Anti-reflective Coatings
- Precise Manual Focus
- Compact Design; All-Metal Barrel
The 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* Lens for Canon EF Mount and Nikon EF mount from Zeiss is medium telephoto lens that offers a wide maximum aperture, vibrant color rendition and attractive out-of-focus background. It maximum aperture of f/2 provides substantial light gathering for sharp, high resolution imaging and lovely shallow depth of field photography. A nine-blade circular aperture will offer harmonious background blur when shooting with minimal depth of focus. Special anomalous partial dispersion glass minimizes chromatic aberrations in this apochromat lens and anti-reflective coating reduces reflections and ghosting. It is a compact lens for its focal length and its “floating elements” optical design consists of 11 lens elements in 8 groups with minimal glass-to-air surfaces. The lens design ensures consistent imaging performance throughout the entire focusing range as well as sharpness to the periphery of the image. A rotation angle of 268º enables precise manual focusing and its all-metal barrel provides longevity and protection for its high-quality design.
- A focal length of 135mm provides medium distance telephoto imaging and is also an oft-chosen length for portraiture.
- The maximum aperture of f/2 allows for substantial light gathering at faster shutter speeds and offers shallow depth of field.
- A nine-blade circular aperture contributes to attractive out-of-focus and transitional areas within the image.
- The lens design ensures consistent imaging performance throughout the entire focusing range as well as sharpness to the periphery of the image. Its minimum focusing distance is 2.62′ (0.8 m).
- An “apochromat” lens built with anomalous partial dispersion glass, it will minimize chromatic aberrations for sharply detailed, high contrast images free of color artifacts.
- Anti-reflective lens coatings and a deep-black special lacquer treatment on the element’s edges reduce reflections and the negative effects of stray light.
- A wide rotation angle of 268º enables precise manual focusing.
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 85mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.7 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Stepping AF Motor, Internal Focus
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
A standard portrait-length prime, the Panasonic LUMIX G 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. is an 85mm-equivalent lens designed for the Micro Four Thirds system of mirrorless digital cameras. One aspherical element is incorporated within the optical design, which helps to control chromatic aberrations and distortions for enhanced clarity and accurate colors. The f/1.7 maximum aperture is particularly beneficial for selective focus imagery, and also aids shooting in low-light conditions. Further cementing its place as a versatile tool for portraiture, the rounded 7-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when making shallow depth of field photos and movies.
Complementing the optical attributes is a fast stepping AF motor and internal focus design, which provides smooth, quiet, and responsive focusing performance for intuitive handling. The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) also benefits hand-held use by compensating for the effect of camera shake for sharper imagery.
- Prime 42.5mm portrait-length lens provides an 85mm equivalent focal length with Micro Four Thirds cameras.
- Fast f/1.7 maximum aperture enables extensive control over focus position and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One aspherical element helps to reduce chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Stepping AF motor and internal focus design provides smooth and quiet focusing performance and functions at a 240 fps signal transfer rate for fast, responsive use.
- POWER O.I.S. minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper hand-held shooting.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- All-metal lens barrel and bayonet mount offers durability and rigidity.
- 42 MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Internal UHD 4K Video & S-Log2 Gamma
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- 399 Phase-Detect AF Points & 5 fps Burst
- 0.5″ 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3.0″ 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- ISO 102,400 and Silent Shutter Mode
- Durable Reduced-Vibration Shutter Design
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
With a world’s first full-frame 42.4-megapixel Exmor R back-illuminated structure CMOS sensor, the Sony Alpha a7RII Mirrorless Digital Camera is prepared to take mirrorless imaging to another level. This sensor design both improves low-light operation and speeds up data throughout, enabling fast high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording. Working with the BIONZ X image processor, these images can be produced at sensitivities up to ISO 102,400 and at a continuous 5 fps shooting rate. Five-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization has also been implemented, compensating for vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw, and roll movements.
Speed has received a major boost with a 40% increase in speed over its predecessor. The AF system received its own massive upgrade with the use of 399 phase-detect points and 25 contrast-detect points for a speedy Fast Hybrid AF system which will offer extremely accurate tracking. The phase-detection points even extend to A-mount lenses when used with the LA-EA1 and LA-EA3 adapter.
Designed to last, the updated magnesium alloy body has improved weather sealing and a robust lens mount for working with large lenses. Also, the shutter has a reduced-vibration design, cutting down shutter vibrations by about 50%. Also, it now uses an electronic front curtain shutter and is rated for 500,000 cycles. Silent shooting is also available for a quiet shooting experience when needed.
Onto video, the major addition is internal UHD 4K 3840 x 2160p recording at 30 or 24 fps with the XAVC S format at 100 Mbps. This is possible using either the Super 35 crop mode, with no pixel binning, or the full-frame readout. Full HD 1920 x 1080p is still readily available at up to 60 fps and HD 1280 x 720p is possible at up to 120 fps. Additionally, the a7RII benefits from the inclusion of the S-Log2 Gamma and S-Gamut settings as well as fully customizable picture profiles.
Composing and reviewing your images as you work is handled with either the 0.5″ 2.36M-dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder or the 3.0″ 1,228.8k-dot tilting LCD monitor. The viewfinder offers 0.78x magnification and a 4-lens system with double-sided aspherical elements for comfortable viewing. The monitor helps in odd positions by tilting up 107° and down 41°. And, to stay connected, the a7RII packs in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC for remote operation and transfer of images to a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
42.4 MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
The world’s first back-illuminated full-frame sensor, the 42.4-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor present in the a7RII works with the BIONZ X image processor to offer high-resolution stills and video while minimizing noise and improving speed. This sensor structure works with gapless on-chip lens design and an anti-reflection coating, as well as eliminating the optical low-pass filter, to improve light collection and enhance detail. Also, the copper wiring layer dramatically improves data transmission speed for creating high-resolution 42.4-megapixel stills at sensitivities up to ISO 102,400. Also, it enables internal UHD 4K video recording with a wide dynamic range using the full-frame sensor.
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
Packed into the svelte a7RII is a 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system. This compensates for five types of camera shake encountered during handheld shooting of still images and video. This allows users to confidently use any lens, even adapted lenses, for critical imaging without encountering blur from camera shake. This system will compensate for approximately 4.5 stops of shutter speed for working with a huge variety of subjects.
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high magnification imagery on the other hand will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. And, all shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
When using lenses that do not transmit imaging data to the camera, manual settings can be used to input the correct focal length and ensure proper stabilization. Also, the viewfinder can be used to preview the amount of compensation by pressing the shutter release button halfway or magnifying the image.
Fast Hybrid AF with 399 Phase-Detect Points
Lock onto your subjects quickly and without hesitation thanks to the revamped Fast Hybrid AF packed into the a7RII. It uses 399 on-sensor phase-detect AF points with 45% coverage along with 25 contrast-detect AF points in order to improve the speed, accuracy and tracking performance of the system. Faster readout thanks to the back-illuminated sensor structure also allows for tracking while shooting at the top continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. This can be captured in a burst of up to 24 frames when shooting in JPEG Fine L format at 42 MP and a continuous AF Display allows users to view the active AF points.
Another feature available with this AF system is a Lock-on AF tracking that will analyze more information from the scene to provide dramatically improved accuracy and stability. Eye AF is also available which will prioritize a subject’s pupil for excellent portraits even with a shallow depth of field.
UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
In addition to the first BSI full-frame sensor, the a7RII is the first full-frame camera to offer internal UHD 4K video recording at 30 or 24 fps. This is possible using either the full-frame sensor or the Super 35 format which uses oversampling with full pixel readout and no pixel binning. This limits moire and aliasing common with high-resolution sensors. Video recording also benefits from live tracking thanks to the 399 phase-detection AF points present in the Fast Hybrid AF system. An additional benefit of this camera is the ability to switch back and forth between NTSC and PAL operation for worldwide use.
When recording internally, users will record video with a 4:2:0 sampling at 8-bit, however, to even further improve image quality the a7RII has clean HDMI output for use with an external recorder. This allows users to capture 4:2:2 uncompressed video and save in an edit-ready format.
Timecode and User Bit Settings
The a7RII has multiple timecode recording options to meet different workflows. It has the standard ‘Record Run” mode that only advances the timecode when recording, as well as “Free Run” timecode that advances the timecode even when not recording, which can be great for syncing multiple cameras at live events. It can also record timecode in both drop frame and non-drop frame modes. When recording internally the a7RII is also able to output timecode via HDMI.
Customizable Picture Profiles and S-Log2 Gamma
To make sure the a7RII is able to use its extensive dynamic range while recording video it incorporates extensive customizable color and gamma controls. Users can adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility.
3.0″ 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
With a higher 1,228.8k-dot resolution, the LCD screen will provide shooters with an excellent screen for composing images, adjusting settings, and reviewing video and photos. It also tilts upward 107° and downward 41° for working with multiple shooting angles. Use in sunlight is improved with the implementation of WhiteMagic technology which doubles the brightness of the display through a RGBW pixel structure.
0.5″ 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder Electronic Viewfinder
With its 4-lens optical system using double-sided aspherical elements the viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings. You’ll enjoy rich tonal gradations and improved contrast. High-end features like 100% frame coverage and a 0.78x magnification enable comfortable and stable eye-level composition.
Redesigned Grip, Shutter Release Button, and Controls
With a larger, more refined shape to the grip, users will find the a7RII to have a more secure feel and grasp even when large lenses are mounted. Also, the shutter release button has been reshaped and moved forward for a more natural shooting position and a decrease in camera shake. The controls also have been refined with new position for easier handling and improved operation. Button customization is available with the ability to assign any of 56 functions to any of the 10 customizable buttons for a more personalized setup.
Magnesium Alloy Construction and Robust Lens Mount
The compact form is well-built with a magnesium alloy top cover, front cover, and internal structure. The lens mount has been redesigned with a greater strength and rigidity for extra security when using larger or longer lenses. The body itself also features greater sealing for dust and moisture resistance, providing more protection when shooting out in the elements. Additionally, the optical filter on the sensor has an anti-static coating and there is an anti-dust mechanism to prevent dust from adhering to the sensor.
Reduced-Vibration Shutter & Silent Shooting
Cutting down on mechanical vibrations by 50% is the durable reduced-vibration shutter implemented in the a7RII. It has been tested to last for 500,000 cycles and also uses an electronic front curtain shutter. Additionally, a Silent Shutter mode is available for completely silent shooting when needed in certain environments.
Audio Input & Headphone Jack
The a7RII features a 3.5mm microphone input jack for compatibility with external microphones. And for users needing more the a7RII is also compatible with the Sony XLR-K2M XLR Adapter for recording professional balanced XLR audio signals with phantom power and adjustable mic/line inputs. For monitoring audio the a7RII features a 3.5mm headphone jack as well as real time audio levels for a visual reference.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables the a7RII to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera’s shutter.
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection, and allow you to personalize the camera’s features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.
Other Camera Features
- Picture Effect modes: Posterization (Color, B&W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-Key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-Tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, and Sepia (all with +/- 3 step contrast, saturation, and sharpness adjustment).
- Color space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine 1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Color Level, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, and Reset.
- Scene Selection modes: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, and Anti Motion Blur.
- Face Detection is available to base exposure and focus on up to eight recognized faces. Furthermore, Eye AF can be used for even greater precision by maintaining critical focus on a subject’s eye.
- 2x Clear Image Zoom can be used to effectively double the magnification afforded by any lens in use with minimal image degradation. For even greater magnification, 1.5x and 2x Smart zoom is available, as well as 4x digital zoom.
- Pre-flash TTL control with flash bracketing available and a variety of flash modes, including: Flash off, auto, fill-flash, rear sync, slow sync, red-eye reduction, hi-speed sync, and wireless control.
- Fujifilm X-Mount
- 24mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two Aspherical and Two ED Elements
- Nano-GI and HT-EBC Lens Coatings
- Floating Focus System
- Minimum Working Distance: 6″
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Depth of Field Scale
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Fast and wide, the XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR Lens is a 24mm equivalent wide-angle lens designed specifically for Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras. Two aspherical and two extra-low dispersion elements are incorporated within the lens design to minimize chromatic, spherical, and axial aberrations as well as distortions for consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination. A Nano-GI coating has also been applied to alter the refractive index between elements and suppress flare and ghosting. Conventionally thought of as an ideal lens for street, travel, and landscape photography, this wide prime also features a minimum working distance of less than 6″ for photographing close-up subjects.
Complementing the optical assets, the lens also features a weather-resistant design with nine different seals in eight different areas to prevent moisture and dust from entering the lens, as well as enabling its use in temperatures as low as 14°F. A quick and smooth autofocus motor helps to deftly acquire focus in as little as 0.11 sec., and manual focusing use is benefitted by the inclusion of a depth of field scale for presetting focus.
- Wide-angle 16mm prime lens provides a 24mm equivalent focal length when used with Fujifilm X-series mirrorless digital cameras.
Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also aids in selective focus control.
- Two aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortions and two extra-low dispersion elements help to reduce lateral and axial aberrations. The combination of the two designs minimizes overall distortion and maintains edge-to-edge illumination and sharpness.
- A Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating has been applied to alter the refractive index between the glass and air in order to better suppress lens flare and ghosting for diagonal incident light.
- An HT-EBC coating has been applied the entire surface of each element to for controlling ghosting and flare for greater image clarity.
- A weather-resistant design includes nine different seals in eight areas to prevent dust and moisture from entering the lens, and also permits working in temperatures as low as 14°F.
- A quick and quiet autofocus motor pairs with a two group floating focus system to achieve precise focus in as little as 0.11 sec.
- Contrasting the wide field of view afforded by the lens, a minimum working distance of less than 6″ is ideal for photographing close-up subjects.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
- Depth of field scale benefits working with manual focus and presetting your focus position.
- 16.3 MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- 0.39″ 2,360k-Dot 0.62x OLED Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Intelligent Hybrid AF with 77 Areas
- Up to 8 fps Shooting and ISO 51200
- Film Simulation Mode, Electronic Shutter
- Built-In Pop-Up Flash
Characterized by its sleek, retro styling, the X-T10 is a mirrorless camera featuring Fujifilm’s unique sensor technology, versatile autofocus modes, and a high-resolution electronic viewfinder. Revolving around the 16.3 MP APS-C-sized X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II, the X-T10 is capable of up to 8 fps continuous shooting and full HD 1080p/60 video recording, and features an expandable sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200. Fujifilm’s proprietary X-Trans sensor uses a randomized pixel array in order to avoid the use of a resolution-reducing optical low-pass filter, therefore providing images with the utmost sharpness and clarity. Beyond the advanced imaging capabilities, the X-T10 further distinguishes itself through its ease of operation via direct shutter speed, drive, and exposure compensation dials, as well as a dedicated automatic shooting mode lever. Intuitiveness is further carried over to the Real Time Viewfinder, which features a 2.36m-dot resolution and 0.62x magnification, as well as a Natural Live View setting, to mimic the viewing comfort of an optical viewfinder with the added information control an electronic finder provides. Rounding out the feature-set is a sextet of autofocus modes that utilize the Intelligent Hybrid AF system for fast, accurate focusing with precise subject tracking capabilities. The X-T10 combines a rich array of imaging features with a classic, visceral design for both ease and enjoyment of use.
Beyond the core set of features, the X-T10 extends its versatility in a variety of shooting modes and features, including Film Simulation settings that recreate the look of classic Fujifilm films, such as Provia, Astia, and Velvia. In addition to the electronic viewfinder, a large 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD monitor is also available for live view shooting and image review, and features a tilting design to benefit working from high and low angles. Built-in Wi-Fi also complements handling by allowing for remote camera control and wireless image sharing via linked smartphones or tablets.
16.3 MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
A large 16.3 MP APS-C CMOS image sensor is integrated into the X-T10 to provide high image quality and detail. Using Fujifilm’s unique X-Trans pixel array, the sensor is designed with a randomized pixel pattern to eliminate the need of an optical low-pass filter for reducing moiré and aliasing. By removing this filter from the design, higher image sharpness is possible. Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) factors are also taken into account using the EXR Processor II, which helps to automatically compensate for aberrations and diffraction blur in order to produce images with the utmost inherent sharpness.
The X-Trans sensor also works to provide highly effective noise reduction and a clean signal-to-noise ratio. This enables smoother-looking imagery that becomes especially apparent when photographing in low-light situations with an expanded sensitivity range of ISO 100-51200. Additionally, a top continuous shooting rate of 8 fps is possible for up to 8 consecutive frames, as well as a 3 fps shooting rate for the capacity of an SD card, to benefit working with moving subject matter.
EXR Processor II
Aside from benefitting low-light performance, the EXR Processor II also provides quick performance throughout the entire camera system. The camera start-up time is about 0.5 seconds, shutter lag is about 0.005 seconds, shooting interval time is about 0.5 seconds, and an electronic shutter feature allows you to use shutter speeds up to 1/32000 sec. A fast autofocus performance speed of 0.06 seconds is also enabled with the advanced Intelligent Hybrid AF system using both contrast- and phase-detection focusing methods.
Intelligent Hybrid AF
Intelligent Hybrid AF is a quick, responsive autofocus system that employs both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus in as little as 0.06 sec. in a wide variety of lighting conditions and shooting situations. Additionally, pairing with the fast continuous shooting rate, AF-C can be used when shooting at 8 fps with advanced subject motion prediction to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects. Six autofocus modes are available for greater control over how the X-T10 achieves sharp focus:
- AF-S + Single Point: A highly accurate focusing mode that allows you to choose one of 49 focus points, with a choice of five different area sizes, for basing your focus on a specific subject.
- AF-S + Zone: This mode is ideal for subjects moving at a moderate pace or other instances where single-point focus may have difficulty tracking the subject. 3 x 3, 5 x 3, and 5 x 5 areas are available, as well as centrally-positioned 3 x 3 and 5 x 3 phase-detection areas for faster AF speeds.
- AF-S + Wide/Tracking: For random and quickly moving subjects, this mode uses the entire 77-point focusing area to acquire focus on multiple subjects or subjects with unpredictable movements.
- AF-C + Single Point: For photographing a subject with a fixed direction of movement, this mode allows you to choose one of the 49 points, along with an area size, to prioritize and maintain sharp focus as the subject travels across the frame or towards the camera.
- AF-C + Zone: When shooting handheld, this mode lets you choose from 3 x 3, 5 x 3, or 5 x 5 areas, as well as the central phase-detection points, for tracking moving subjects.
- AF-C + Wide/Tracking: Suitable for photographing from a tripod, this mode is well-suited to photographing unpredictably moving subjects by choosing the starting point in the frame and allowing the AF-C to maintain focus as the subject moves about the frame.
Real Time Viewfinder
An advanced electronic viewfinder has been incorporated into the X-T10’s design to support clear eye-level monitoring along with a host of unique viewing features to better support a more efficient overall workflow. The Real Time Viewfinder is comprised of a 2.36m-dot OLED display and features a high magnification of 0.62x. This broad perspective is further complemented by the 0.005 sec. lag time, which smoothly and seamlessly renders scenes and moving subjects. To further enhance the viewing capabilities in difficult lighting conditions, Natural Live View can be utilized to display an image quality similar to as if working with an optical viewfinder, or, conversely, the viewfinder can also be configured to preview the effects of Film Simulation modes or other settings in real-time to alleviate the need to check photos after each shot.
Characterized by a body design reminiscent of an SLR film camera, the X-T10 features both analog exposure controls with intelligent automated technologies and a quick-selection drive dial. The clean and functional body design incorporates physical shutter speed, drive mode, and +/- 3 EV exposure compensation milled aluminum alloy dials that pair well with the manual aperture rings found on many of the XF lenses for intuitive exposure setting selection as well as full use of P/A/S/M exposure modes. For a more automated workflow, a dedicated Auto Mode Switch Lever is located on the top plate for selecting a fully automated shooting mode (SR AUTO) without worrying about exposure settings.
Depending on individual needs, dual command dials and an easily-accessible Q Menu provide an efficient solution for modifying some of the most frequently used camera settings, such as ISO, white balance, and file settings. For more extensive menu navigation, as well as live view monitoring and image review, a 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD monitor is available and features a tilting design to better support working from high and low angles.
Additionally, a built-in pop-up flash is available to provide extra illumination when photographing in difficult lighting conditions and a top hot shoe can also be used for pairing an optional external flash for greater, more controllable flash output.
Full HD Movie Recording
Full HD 1080p video recording is supported up to 60 fps, with other frame rates and formats also available. Full-time AF tracking is available during recording with subject tracking capabilities for ensured sharpness when either the subject is moving or if the camera is moving, panning, or zooming. +/- 2 EV exposure compensation is available during recording as well as the use of Film Simulation settings.
An HDMI port enables high definition playback of movies to an HDTV and the inclusion of a 2.5mm input supports the use of an optional external microphone for enhanced sound quality.
Wireless connectivity is built into the camera and allows for instant sharing of images directly to an Android or iOS mobile device. The Fujifilm Camera Remote app allows you to browse the image contents of your camera from your mobile device and transfer both videos and photos, and the entire sharing process is further expedited by simply pressing and holding the dedicated Wi-Fi button to begin transferring immediately. Remote camera control and monitoring is also supported through the use of the app, which enables Touch AF, shutter release, exposure settings adjustment, Film Simulation modes, white balance modes, macro, timer, and flash controls to all be adjusted from the linked mobile device. Location data can also be embedded into image file’s metadata for geotagging.
Film Simulation Modes and Advanced Filters
Taking advantage of Fujifilm’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-T10 integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some Fujifilm’s classic film types. A refined Classic Chrome mode is designed to deliver muted tones and a deep color reproduction, similar to that of a dated slide film. Pulling from their more contemporary line of transparency films, Provia offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, Velvia produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, and Astia gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones. Mimicking their negative films, Pro Neg. Std. gives smooth image tones that are suitable for accurate color renditions, while Pro Neg. Hi produces a more dramatic feel with the ability to draw color out of a variety of lighting conditions. In addition to the colorful benefits of these Film Simulation modes, there are also monochrome modes that simulate the look of traditional yellow, green, and red black and white contrast filters. A sepia mode is also available for producing an inherently nostalgic look.
Eight Advanced Filters are also available to creatively enhance the look of imagery, and include: High Key, Low Key, Soft Focus, Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, Dynamic Tone, and Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple).
Other Camera Features
- An in-camera RAW converter lets you record your images as RAF files and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This process enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface.
- Interval shooting is possible with intervals of 1 second to 24 hours for up to 999 frames.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera. When working in this mode, subsequent exposures can be paired and the final appearance can be previewed on the LCD or in the EVF before making the final exposure.
- A dedicated Panorama mode allows you to record expansive views either 180° or 120° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- Five different auto bracketing modes are available: Dynamic Range, Film Simulation, AE, white balance, and ISO Sensitivity.
- The included NP-W126 battery enables approximately 350 frames to be recorded per charge.