- Samsung NX Mount
- 77-231mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-22
- 4 ED/1 XHR Elements
- 20 Elements in 13 Groups
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Ultra-Precise Stepping Motor
- 72mm Filter Diameter
The Samsung 50-150mm f2.8 S ED OIS Lens features the NX mount and is a Premium “S” Series lens. It offers a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 77-231mm, making it suitable for portraits as well as sports photography and wildlife. Regardless of the focal length selected along the lens barrel, an f/2.8 maximum aperture can be selected to benefit low-light shooting or provide shallow depth of field. For a wider depth of field or to compensate for high shutter speeds that may otherwise be needed under very bright shooting conditions, the lens can be stopped down to f/22.
Consisting of 20 elements in 13 groups, including four ED (extra-low dispersion) and one XHR (eXtreme High Refractive) element for excellent clarity, detail and sharpness, this 50-150mm also includes optical image stabilization. This feature helps prevent user movement from rendering an image unusable while handholding the lens and a compatible camera. An Ultra-Precise Stepping Motor (UPSM) improves upon the conventional Stepping Motor (SM), offering three times the precision in its ability to focus on subjects.
To make this lens particularly useful for sports, wildlife, and variety of subjects frequently recorded outdoors; Samsung has incorporated SHS (Samsung Hyper Shield) Coating that protects the front element from dust, water, fingerprints, and smears.
- Configured with Samsung NX Mount and is a Premium “S” Series lens
- Has a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 77-231mm, suitable for portraits, sports photography, or wildlife
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture enables effective low-light shooting and shallow depth of field, and the lens can be stopped down to f/22
- Includes 20 elements in 13 groups, including four ED (extra-low dispersion) and one XHR (eXtreme High Refractive) elements for excellent clarity, detail and sharpness. ED elements minimize chromatic aberration. The XHR element helps to make possible a more compact and lightweight lens, providing the same benefits as a greater number of standard optical glass elements
- Optical image stabilization counteracts motion blur due to user movement for clear shots
- Ultra-Precise Stepping Motor (UPSM) improves upon the conventional Stepping Motor (SM), offering three times the precision in its ability to focus on subjects
- SHS (Samsung Hyper Shield) Coating protects the front element from dust, water, fingerprints, and smears
- Custom Range Focus Limiter allows the user to specify a distance within to autofocus for faster performance
- Dust and splash-proof design for extra durability
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.2″ 1,037k-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 4800DX 39-Point AF Sensor
- ISO 100-25600
- 5 fps Shooting at Full Resolution
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 2,016-Pixel RGB Sensor Exposure Metering
A first for Nikon DSLR cameras, the D5500 incorporates a touchscreen LCD monitor, giving you greater camera control. It features a 24.2 megapixel sensor and an EXPEED 4 image processor that provide high-resolution images and Full HD 1080p video with notable low-light sensitivity up to ISO 25600 and up to 5 fps. The optical low-pass filter is omitted from the sensor, allowing for additional sharpness in both photos and videos. The D5500 has a 39-point autofocus system with nine cross-type sensors and a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor for precise exposure metering in a wide variety of lighting conditions. Full HD videos can be shot at multiple frame rates up to 60 fps, with full-time continuous auto focusing capabilities. The D5500 has selectable audio frequency ranges – Wide and Voice. It also has a built-in intervalometer to record up to 9,999 consecutive exposures at variable intervals.
The redesigned camera body is slightly smaller and lighter than its predecessor and incorporates both an optical pentamirror optical viewfinder along with a large 3.2″ 1,037k-dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor, which features a 180° swivel design to better support working from high and low angles. A variety of touchscreen functions allow you to pinch to zoom, navigate menus, choose settings, and choose your focus point. An eye sensor turns the LCD monitor on and off, enables a Touch function, and starts the playback funtion when your eye moves away from the viewfinder.
Built-in Wi-Fi enables advanced image sharing capabilities, and when paired with an Android or iOS mobile device, remote viewing and control over the shutter release is possible from a distance.
A wide range of Picture Control modes, Scene Modes, and Special Effects modes are available as well as in-camera image editing capabilities for adjusting settings prior to sharing. Built-in HDR and Active D-Lighting modes can also be used to optimize exposure results by preserving highlight and shadow details for an extended range of apparent tones.
24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 12800, which is further expandable to ISO 25600. Additionally, the sensor’s design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to acquire the greatest amount sharpness and detail from subjects. The EXPEED 4 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps.
Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 39 distinct AF points, including nine cross-type sensors, to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions, from -1 to +19 EV. A unique 3D-tracking mode utilizes the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor, typically reserved for exposure metering, in order to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects. To better suit specific subject matter when working in AF-A or AF-C focus modes, Dynamic-area AF mode allows you to choose from 9, 21, or 39-point arrays for enhanced subject tracking and recognition, even if the subject briefly leaves the frame. Single-point AF, 3D-tracking, and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Additionally, four AF-area modes are available when working in live view: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
Touchscreen LCD Monitor
A 3.2″ 1030k-dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor features a 180° swivel design to better suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
Touchscreen functions include:
- Menu Navigation
- Playback: Pinch Zoom and Swipe
- Live View AF Point and Shoot
- Revert to Previous Layer
- Touch Operation Permission
- Touch for Playback Only
- AF Point Selection
- AF Area Mode
- ISO Sensitivity
- Active D-Lighting
- Auto Bracketing
- Viewfinder Grid Display
Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D5500 features built-in Wi-Fi enable seamless transferring of imagery. Once the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app has been installed on an Android or iOS mobile device, you can use that device to browse the contents of the memory card, select images, and seamlessly transfer files between devices for immediate sharing online. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
Even while maintaining an overall compact form-factor, the D5500 integrates a large 3.2″ 1,037k-dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor. Alternatively, a bright pentamirror optical viewfinder is also integrated into the design for precise eye-level viewing and real-time monitoring of subjects.
A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions and supports Nikon’s i-TTL flash metering system. A hot shoe can be used for connection and optional external flash for even greater lighting control.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 2016-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
Full HD Movie Recording
Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in 60, 30, 25, and 24 fps frame rates, as well as HD 720p and SD 480p in multiple frame rates, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording, full-time autofocus can be employed, with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities, for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record high-quality sound, or alternatively, a microphone input is integrated into the body design to support the use of an external microphone for enhanced control over audio recordings.
Other Camera Features
- Eye Sensor: Turns monitor on or off, enables Touch function, starts Playback
- Live View Image Adjustments: Picture Control, white balance, exposure compensation
- Permits unlimited continuous shooting with shutter speeds between 4 and 30 seconds for star trail-like imagery
- Vignette control
- White LCD info screen
- Picture Control modes can be directly accessed via a dedicated button and allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape and Flat, and can be adjusted in 0.25 steps for fine control.
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Built-in HDR works to extend the tonal and exposure range of a single image by recording two separate exposures and blending them together in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details with an extended range of mid-tones.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4 processor’s power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Scene Auto Selector is an automatic mode that intelligently identifies your subject and shooting scenario, selects a proper Scene Mode to apply, and adjusts exposure settings to best render the scene at hand.
- Scene Modes: Autumn Colors, Beach / Snow, Blossom, Candlelight, Child, Close-up, Dusk / Dawn, Food, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party / Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Sports, and Sunset.
- Special Effects Modes: Night vision, Color sketch, Toy camera, Miniature effect, Selective color, Silhouette, High key, Low key, HDR Painting, Super Vivid, POP, and Photo Illustration.
- 6-Bit Coding
- High quality, fast, compact and lightweight
- 11-bladed circular aperture
The Leica 90mm f/2.5 Summarit-M Lens is a fast telephoto lens that is part of the Summarit-M class of affordable rangefinder lenses. This lens is ideal for portraiture and photojournalism, or for quick snapshots when you want to take pictures inconspicuously from a distance.
Summarit-M lenses are designed to offer traditional Leica optical and mechanical excellence, while positioned at a price level below the current M ASPH lenses. With a maximum aperture of f/2.5, and by applying classical and proven spherical lens designs, these lenses provide excellent quality. These features also result in a very compact design.
This lens has been updated with the “6-bit” coding, which allows the digital M camera to read this information optically and to identify which lens is being used. The camera can then (optionally) apply a “final stage” software based vignetting correction (for RAW images the lens used is simply recorded, no change is made).
- All letter and number engravings will be made using the traditional “Leitz-Norm” font as originally used by Leitz Wetzlar during the 1960’s, and the red button on the lens mount will be true to the original color used on lenses produced since the introduction of the M mount through the 1970’s.
- Includes “6-bit code” which allows the digital M8 camera to identify which lens is being used, and also to store this information in image metadata.
- High quality, fast, compact and lightweight.
- The 11-bladed circular aperture creates a shallow depth-of-field that brings attention to the subject and blurs the background, which is ideal for portraits and weddings.
- Manufactured and marked “Made in Germany”.
- Compatible with Sony ADI / P-TTL
- Guide Number: 105′ at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom Range: 24-105mm (15mm with Panel)
- Tilts from -8 to 90°
- Rotates 180° Right and 90° Left
- Wireless TTL Controller/Remote Flash
- LCD Panel & Dust/Water Resistant
- Recycle Time: 0.1-5 Seconds
- Slow, High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Runs on 2 AA Batteries
Compact, yet packed of features, the HVL-F32M External Flash from Sony is well-suited for use on mirrorless cameras as well as smaller DSLRs, or for those who are simply looking for a lightweight on-camera lighting solution. The flash balances power and size with a respectable guide number of 105′ at ISO 100 and 105mm as well as an auto zoom range of 24-105mm on full-frame cameras, expandable to 15mm with the built-in wide-angle panel. Also, unit can tilt upward 90° as well as rotate 180° right and 90° left for bouncing light in horizontal and vertical shooting positions.
Another benefit of the flash is the ability to use it as either a wireless TTL controller or as a remote flash. This allows users to set up multiple flash units around their subject for more complex lighting setups. The HVL-F32M also has a comprehensive LCD panel on the back for viewing and changing settings as well as a charge progress indicator. Dust and water resistance is also a major feature of this unit along with high-speed, slow, first and second curtain synchronization settings. Additionally, it has a recycle time of 0.1 to 5 seconds and runs on 2 AA batteries. It comes with a terminal protector cap, mini-stand, and carrying case.
This unit is compatible with Sony’s Multi Interface Shoe and is not natively compatible with the older Sony/Minolta Auto-Lock Accessory Shoe. Though, with the use of ADP-AMA Shoe Adapter, Sony cameras with the Auto-Lock Accessory Shoe can be adapted to use Multi Interface Shoe external flashes with full compatibility.
- Advance Distance Integration (ADI) flash metering works with cameras and lenses with distance encoders to more accurately balance flash output with ambient light and subject reflectivity by taking camera-to-subject distance into account
- Continuous flash performance of 40 flashes at 5 Hz with normal flash at 1/32 power and the 105mm setting
- Built-in bounce card for creating catchlights
- Auto zoom function will recognize and adjust for sensor size
- Color temperature of approximately 5500K
- Wireless channel is fixed to channel 1
- Power saving mode
- Charge progress indicator switches from red, orange, yellow, and green to show current status
- Manual flash control from 1/1 to 1/128 power in 1/3 EV steps
- Battery life of about 120-150 flashes
- Locking hot shoe
- EF Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Gapless Dual-Layer Diffractive Optics
- Large Diameter Aspherical Element
- Ultra Low Dispersion Element
- Protective Fluorine Coatings
- Ultrasonic AF Motor and Internal Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer with 3 Modes
- Power Focus Mode; Full-Time MF Override
- Dust- and Water-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Featuring a unique optical design and paired with advanced image stabilization technologies, the Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens is a super telephoto lens designed for full-frame EOS DSLRs. Gapless dual-layer diffractive optics are employed within this lens’ construction to produce a smaller, lighter weight 400mm option with enhanced correction for chromatic and spherical aberrations. Aspherical and UD elements are also utilized to further reduce distortions and optimized coatings contribute to increased clarity and contrast. Complementing the sophisticated optical layout, a four stop-effective Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake and can be dedicated to different styles of shooting. Ideally positioned as a versatile option for sports and wildlife photographers, this lens’ high-performance attributes and natural handling render this a viable telephoto option for a variety of applications.
Housed within a weather-resistant barrel, this lens also features fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements for protection against fingerprints and other elements from affecting image quality. Focusing handling is complemented by the inclusion of AF stop buttons at the front of the lens, as well as full-time manual focus override and Power Focus mode for smooth shifting of focus.
- Super telephoto 400mm f/4 lens is compatible with full-frame EOS DSLR cameras, as well as APS-C-sized sensors where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 640mm.
- Gapless dual-layer diffractive optics contribute to a marked reduction in chromatic and spherical aberrations as well as benefit the design of a relatively compact and lightweight lens.
- One large diameter ground aspherical element and one Ultra Low Dispersion (UD) element minimize aberrations and distortions while also contributing to greater sharpness and clarity.
- Optimized lens coatings help to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and more color-neutral imagery.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, three dedicated image stabilization modes are available-Standard, Panning, and During Exposure Only-and can be selectively employed to suit a variety of types of shooting. Furthermore, the image stabilization system does not need to be disabled when shooting with a tripod.
- An Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- Located at the front of the lens, AF stop buttons allow you to intuitively stop the lens from autofocusing at any time.
- A dedicated Power Focus mode produces a smooth, measured focusing movement that is well-suited to video applications.
- When working in the autofocus mode, full-time manual focus override can be used to instantly switch between auto and manual focusing methods.
- A weather-resistant design protects the lens from dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions. Additionally, fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear lens elements for further protection against fingerprints and smudging.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.