- 6-bit code
- High quality, fast, compact and lightweight
- 9-bladed circular aperture
The Leica 50mm f/2.5 Summarit-M Lens is the standard lens in the Summarit-M class of rangefinder lenses. These Summarit-M lenses are designed to offer traditional Leica optical and mechanical excellence, while positioned at a price level below the current M ASPH lenses. With a maximum aperture of f/2.5, and by applying classical and proven spherical lens designs, these lenses provide excellent quality. These features also result in a very compact design.
This lens has been updated with the “6-bit” coding, which allows the digital M camera to read this information optically and to identify which lens is being used. The camera can then (optionally) apply a “final stage” software based vignetting correction (for RAW images the lens used is simply recorded, no change is made).
All letter and number engravings will be made using the traditional “Leitz-Norm” font as originally used by Leitz Wetzlar during the 1960′s, and the red button on the lens mount will be true to the original color used on lenses produced since the introduction of the M mount through the 1970′s.
- Includes “6-bit code” which allows the digital M8 camera to identify which lens is being used, and also to store this information in image metadata.
- High quality, fast, compact and lightweight.
- The 9-bladed circular aperture creates a shallow depth-of-field that brings attention to the subject and blurs the background, which is ideal for portraits and weddings.
- Manufactured and marked “Made in Germany”.
- EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 38mm (35mm Equivalent)
- One Aspherical Element
- Optimized Lens Coatings
- STM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AF
- Micro-Stepping Drive Aperture Mechanism
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Slim Design Measures Less Than 1″-Thick
Characterized by a truly thin profile, along with an advanced autofocus motor, the Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens from is a wide-angle prime designed for APS-C-size EOS DSLRs. Providing a 38mm-equivalent focal length, this lens takes on a slightly wider-than-normal perspective to benefit its use in a broad variety of shooting situations. A stepping motor AF system pairs well with cameras featuring the Movie Servo AF mode, where it will deliver fast, smooth, and nearly silent focusing performance that can instantly be manually overridden at any time. When coupled with a sophisticated optical design, this slim, lightweight, and versatile lens is an ideal take-everywhere option.
One aspherical element is incorporated within the lens’ construction, which helps to minimize chromatic aberrations and produce imagery with notable sharpness and clarity. Optimized lens coatings further benefit performance by reducing lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity. Additionally, similar to the STM AF system, the aperture mechanism is based on a micro-stepping motor to maintain overall quietness during operation.
- Compact wide-angle prime is designed specifically for use with APS-C-sized sensors, and will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 38mm.
- An STM stepping motor is incorporated into the lens’ design to provide quick, smooth, and near silent autofocus performance. Additionally, this focusing mechanism also pairs well with EOS cameras featuring the Movie Servo AF mode to enable continuous focusing performance when working in live view.
- Converse to the AF system, full-time manual focus override is possible when in One Shot AF mode for critical fine-tuning of focus placement.
- One aspherical element is incorporated within the lens’ design to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions from edge-to-edge.
- Optimized lens coatings and design help to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and clarity.
- A micro-stepping mechanism is employed to deliver near silent aperture adjustment.
- A nearly circular seven-bladed diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when utilizing selective focus techniques.
- Slim-profiled lens, measuring less than 1″-thick, is an ideal everyday lens for a wide variety of shooting applications.
- EF Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Two Aspherical Elements & One UD Element
- Optimized Lens Coatings
- STM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AF
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Internal Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Seven-Group Zoom Optical Design
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Offering the quiet and smooth autofocusing benefits of a stepping motor for full-frame EOS DSLRs, Canon’s EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens is a standard telephoto supporting the use of the Movie Servo AF mode. Complementing the focusing precision is an equally apt Optical Image Stabilizer, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by four shutter speed stops to benefit working with slower shutter speeds or longer focal length positions. This wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed as a useful option for everyday shooting, and champions working in difficult lighting conditions for both photo and video applications.
With regard to the optical design, this lens incorporates two aspherical elements and one UD element to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and benefit overall image sharpness and clarity. Furthermore, optimized coatings have also been applied to individual elements to suppress surface reflections for contrast-rich, color-neutral imaging.
The lens is also designed around a seven-group zoom optical system, along with an inner-focusing mechanism to quicken focusing times. Additionally, a seven-blade rounded diaphragm is employed to produce a smooth out-of-focus quality beneficial to selective focus imagery.
- Standard wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame EOS DSLRs, however it can also be used with APS-C-sized sensors, where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 38.4-168mm.
- A lead screw-type STM stepping motor is incorporated into the lens’ design to provide quick, smooth, and near silent autofocus performance. Additionally, this focusing mechanism also pairs well with EOS cameras featuring the Move Servo AF mode to enable continuous focusing performance when working in live view.
- Two aspherical elements and one Ultra-Low Dispersion (UD) element are incorporated within the lens design to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range.
- Optimized lens coatings help to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and more color-neutral imagery.
- Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in difficult lighting conditions.
- A seven-group zoom optical design, along with an internal focusing mechanism contribute to quickened and responsive handling as well as a more compact form factor.
- When working in the autofocus mode, full-time manual focus override can be used to instantly switch between auto and manual focusing methods.
- Seven rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- 35mm Equivalent: 82.5-450mm
- Aperture Range: f/4.5-29
- For DT Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Optimized for APS-C Image Sensors
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
The Sony 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom Lens is a 5.5x zoom lens, with the 35mm equivalent of a 82.5-450mm focal length. Optimized to work with their A-mount APS-C sized DSLR and SLT digital cameras, the 55-300mm lens is an easy addition to your camera bag, quickly replacing several of your current lenses that you would no longer have to swap between–no longer risking dust, damage or missed opportunities.
One of the greatest features of the lens is Sony’s Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM). This provides you with both fast, smooth, and quiet autofocusing that won’t disrupt the audio in your HD video recordings, nor the temperamental wildlife you’re zooming in on.
An Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) lens element provides exceptional image quality all the way out to its maximum 300mm focal length–meaning your zoomed images benefit from enhanced clarity and sharpness throughout the frame. The advanced optical design of the lens, with the same elements found in the more expensive premium Sony G lenses, reduces color aberrations and provides excellent contrast to enhance your images before they even reach the camera sensor.
82.5-450mm (35mm Equivalent) 5.5x Optical Zoom
This lens has a 5.5x zoom factor, with focal lengths ranging from 55-300mm, or the 35mm equivalent of an 82.5-450mm lens when attached to the cropped APS-C cameras it was designed for.
Aperture Range: f/4.5-29
In addition to the zoom range, the aperture varies along with the focal length as well, from f/4.5 to f/5.6 at wider angles, and f/22 to 29 when zooming in.
For DT Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
Optimized for Sony Alpha APS-C sensor cameras, the lens covers an outstanding 5.5x zoom range from a normal 55mm end to a 300mm telephoto zoom, which is the 35mm equivalent of an 82.5-450mm lens.
Optimized for APS-C Image Sensors
Its fast and quiet Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) allows you to capture fleeting moments no matter the distance, so as not miss a smile merely because the motor wasn’t fast enough or wildlife because it wasn’t quiet enough
Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass
The lens is built with an ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass element inside, usually found within the premium Sony G lenses, which improves image quality by reducing color aberrations, as well as providing improved contrast and greater sharpness throughout the frame
Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
Designed for fast, smooth and silent automatic focusing, Sony’s Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. The AF control signals from the camera body are sent to the lens-mounted SAM unit, which drives the lens directly, helping to assure quick and accurate AF response.
7x Circular Aperture Blades
Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 76-213mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Five ED Elements & One Super ED Element
- Nano-GI and HT-EBC Lens Coatings
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Triple Linear Autofocus Motor
- Inner Focusing and Zoom Design
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Seven-Blade Rounded Diaphragm
A telephoto zoom designed for use in trying conditions, Fujifilm’s XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens is a weather-sealed optic spanning the popular 76-213mm 35mm-equivalent focal length range and featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture. Built for Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless digital cameras, this fast zoom further extends itself through the incorporation of a sophisticated lens design, highly effective optical image stabilization system, and a Triple Linear Motor AF system for refined performance.
Comprised of 23 elements in 16 groups, the optical design incorporates five extra-low dispersion (ED) elements and one Super ED element to markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. Additionally, a Nano-GI coating has also been applied to elements to alter the refractive index in between elements to minimize surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting.
Additionally, this lens sees the incorporation of 20 distinct weather seals across the barrel to render it both moisture and dust-sealed for use in inclement conditions as low as 14°F. An inner focusing and inner zoom design also help to prevent dust from entering the lens while also benefiting overall handling.
- Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 76-213mm, this telephoto zoom lens is ideal for working with distant subjects and portraiture applications.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent performance throughout the zoom range and excels when working in difficult lighting conditions.
- The 23-element-in-16-group design includes five extra-low dispersion elements and one Super extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range.
- A Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating has been applied to lens elements and alters the refractive index between the glass and air in order to better suppress lens flare and ghosting for diagonal incident light.
- An HT-EBC coating has been applied the entire surface of each element to for controlling ghosting and flare for greater image clarity.
- Complemented by an enhanced gyro sensor and unique series of algorithms, the optical stabilization system minimizes the appearance of camera to enable sharper imaging when working with longer focal lengths or slower shutter speeds.
- A Triple Linear Motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas.
- A tripod collar is included for well-balanced mounting and shooting when working from a tripod or monopod.
- An inner focusing and inner zooming design maintains the overall lens length during operation for quicker performance and greater resistance to dust or moisture from entering the lens. Additionally, 20 distinct seals are placed across the lens barrel to render it weather-resistant and capable of functioning in temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Seven rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- When used with an X-series camera that features a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) function, the lens’ performance is enhanced to deliver consistent illumination and sharpness throughout the aperture range.