FeedBlitz can post blog entries to your Walls, Pages and Groups that you manage. Unlike other Facebook post automation services, FeedBlitz also adds a subscription link to each post, so that every time a post appears via FeedBlitz on your behalf you get the chance to grow your list.
A sample Facebook post from FeedBlitz
This post was made by FeedBlitz to my personal wall – http://www.facebook.com/phollows – at Facebook. It’s typical of how FeedBlitz posts to Facebook Walls, Pages and Groups.
A post to Facebook contains the following elements:
- Your avatar / picture (if posting to your personal Wall or to a Group), or the picture / avatar of the relevant Page.
- A link to the article and its title at the top.
- A thumbnail image from the post (in this case the owner of the site making the testimonial).
- The opening text of the post, expandable via the “See More” link if necessary.
- A link to the home page and the title of the source blog as “Via” (in this case, FeedBlitz News).
- Uniquely, a link to that blog’s subscription form to help you grow your list.
- Facebook standard issue app name, comment and like links.
So not only do you get your word out to Facebook, but you also get links to the post, to your blog (both of which help grow page views) and to your subscription form (which will help grow your list).
It’s three great ways to encourage interaction with your site from your Facebook visitors that will benefit you.
Posts are typically made to your blog within about 30 minutes of it being published.
Setting up Facebook Posting
For publishers, the best way to configure Facebook posts within FeedBlitz is to go to Newsletters | Mailings | Facebook. Then:
- Click the button to connnect FeedBlitz and Facebook
- A popup appears. Click the links to give FeedBlitz the permissions it needs.
- The popup will disappear, and the page you were on will reload (if you get an error, please try again from step (1) above. Be patient, it can take some time.
- FeedBlitz will show you all the walls, Pages and Groups you manage.
- By default, posting to your personal Wall is enabled.
- If a Page you manage does not appear, find it on Facebook, Like it, then refresh this page at Feedblitz.
- Click the Walls, Pages and Groups you want Feedblitz to post to and save.
- New posts will be posted as they appear.
You can have a single list post to multiple pages. Similarly, you have multiple lists post to the same pages as well.
To disable or change Facebook posting using this mechanism, go back to Newsletters | Mailings | Facebook and update your selections.
Disconnecting FeedBlitz and Facebook
You can also disconnect the identity used to post to Facebook completely by clicking the disconnect button at FeedBlitz. If you want FeedBlitz to use a different Facebook identity, make sure you are logged in to Facebook as that new identity and relink the services using the process outlined above.
You can also stop FeedBlitz from posting anywhere on any page you manage at Facebook by revoking FeedBlitz’s permissions at Facebook.com at Account | Manage Applications. If you change your mind you will later have to re-link the services using the steps outlined above.